Documentary style engagement photos walking around the city of Toronto.
- How did you meet?We met at school, through mutual friends. It took us a while to figure out how perfect we were together, but as they say… when one door closes, another one opens!
- What do you remember most about your first date?Our “first date” was absolutely magical. We went on a whirlwind trip to New York City, where we discovered how easily we travelled together (a key element for any successful couple!).
- When did you know he was the one?I’d say it was love at first sight if it wasn’t so cheesy. Like a magnet or a planetary orbit, I’ve always been drawn to Ryan. He was the first person to ever match my ambition and the first to whole-heartedly support my success.
- How did you feel the moment he proposed? Were you surprised by his planning?I was overcome with an overwhelming amount of shock and awe, paired with a wave of acknowledgement that I’m an excruciatingly oblivious person. Ryan has always been my forever person, but I was swept away by a surprise trip to Barbados AND a proposal and had absolutely no idea it was coming. It was so beautiful.
- What do you like to do as a couple?Everything! From debating philosophy and nights at the opera, to casual hangouts at home and exploring new neighbourhoods, we love our adventurous life together.
- If you could use 3 word to describe the theme of your day what would they be?The Starbucks at Webers — pretentious, yet casual.
- What is it about my photos that speaks to you?We love the storytelling. Your photos capture emotions so vividly, and that’s how we want our day to be documented — not through staged, stiff and templated shots, but as a story about the most magical day of our lives.
- What is the one thing that attracted you most about your partner?His ambition, and his dedication to others. We want to take on the world together, and I couldn’t imagine a better partner by my side.
Tell me 3 things about your partner that describe them best?Ryan is brilliant, thoughtful and empathetic. He can be too smart for his own good sometimes, but his devilish charm outweighs his cheeky lessons on why keeping up with world news is so important. His ability to read other people is astounding. He can tell immediately if someone is upset and takes the time to understand what’s wrong so he can help find a solution.
- Tips or advice that you would give to future couples when planning a wedding?Your dream day may surprise you — your favourite venue could be the one you originally put at the bottom of your list, or your wedding date could be completely different than what you’d originally planned. Be flexible — your perfect day will happen, but it should be a fun process, not a stressful one. You’re getting married to the love of your life — this is a happy time, not a tear-your-hair out time!
- How did you feel about the engagement session after it was all over?Our engagement session was amazing. We had so much fun during our shoot, both with each other and with Frances, who made us feel comfortable within seconds. It was nice to have someone capture the “little moments” we have daily — little laughs and lots of love found traipsing around the city. We can’t wait to see the photos!!!!