Southwinds Marine Engagement in Collingwood
We waited for the perfect moment when the sun went down to take this image at the marina
Golden hour portraits on the dock at Southwinds Marine
- How did you meet?We worked together at a restaurant in a small town, but had never really talked to one another. One night we both found ourselves at the only other bar in town where we finally wound up talking. We clicked right away! This is the same bar where my parents met too.. History repeats itself.
- What do you remember most about your first date?Our first date was like 5 dates in one! We went to my place, his place, a party, and out to dinner. It was a busy day, but so much fun.
- When did you know he was the one?There wasn't one exact moment where I knew he was the one. It was a collection of little moments that meant the world to me.
- How did you feel the moment he proposed? Were you surprised by his planning?I was completely shocked. We were away on vacation and he had told me ahead of time that he was not going to propose on the trip, and I really believed him. I couldn't believe he was able to pull it off!
- What do you like to do as a couple?We love walking our dog Wallace together, trying new restaurants, traveling to interesting places, patio drinks, watching anime, and surprisingly we have really enjoyed planning the wedding so far!
- If you could use 3 word to describe the theme of your day what would they be?Whimsical, vintage, intimate.
- What is it about my photos that speaks to you?I love that you capture real moments between people. I knew I wanted you to be our photographer because I actually cried while looking through your photos. I knew I wanted as much emotion captured in my day as you have done for so many others.
- What is the one thing that attracted you most about your partner?He keeps me young and always makes me smile even when I don't want to. He always has a smile on his face and is trying to make people laugh.
- Tell me 3 things about your partner that describe them best?He is incredibly patient with everyone in his life. He is very curious and is always wanting to learn more. When he finds an interest he puts his whole self into it.
- Tips or advice that you would give to future couples when planning a wedding?Make sure you love the venue you choose, everything else will fall into place. Don't sweat the little details. And have the wedding that YOU want as a couple, not what your parents, family, or friends want. It's your day!
- How did you feel about the engagement session after it was all over?We were so thrilled! We had such a fun time and everything felt so natural and easy. We really couldn't wait to see all the photos!! It was our first photoshoot as a couple or individually and we were really nervous but Frances made us feel so comfortable. By the end we felt like pros!
Location: Collingwood, Ontario. Keywords: collingwood (129). 1/8000; f/5.6; ISO 3600; 24.0 mm.