VINTAGE HOTELS WEDDING VENUES
- How did you meet?
- During my second year of university, I was looking for a place to live. John was the tenant of one house and he showed my around. In a few weeks, he asked me if I am going to live in that house; after I said no, he asked me out for a drink.
- What do you remember most about your first date?
- I was late for 30 minutes and John was still waiting patiently. Our first date was in a brew pub but I am not a beer-drinker. John figured it out by my iced tea and managed to take me to an ice cream shop later.
- When did you know he was the one?
- I took things slow and generally needs a lot of time to think. John knew “she is the one” way earlier before I did and kept proving me that. By the second time, when he had to travel for 13 hours to visit my family, the thought finally came to me.
- How did you feel the moment he proposed?
- Were you surprised by his planning?We don't have an official propose. We have to talk about next step of our life when we both graduated from school, and finally made the decision after living together for two years. For my engagement ring, I even picked out the gemstone and chose a few styles for John's reference.
- If you could use 3 word to describe the theme of your day what would they be?
- Natural, Elegant, and Simple.
- Memorable moment from your waking up the morning of and getting ready for your day?
- We exchanged a love letter for each other the night before and read them on the morning of the day. John’s letter was very loving and touching; it started with some jokes and ended with emotional sentences but I couldn’t read his writing. I was laughing so hard although I knew I was supposed to cry.
- Tell me your feelings about who and why you chose to be with you while you put your dress on?
- My mother. My friend came late and my dad got bored watching us getting make-up and hair lol.
- What did you feel and remember from your ceremony?
- It started to rain right before heading to the church. I was really stressed and excited at the same time.
I remember the processional very well. Music coordinator did a fantastic job. The organ sounds amazing and when I walked down the aisle, I saw John has tears in his eyes.
- Who and why walked you down the aisle?
- My parents. The church asked both of us to walk down with our parents but that was what I planned as well. They are both important to me in my life. As the only child, family to me is my parents, and I would like both of them to walk me down for another journey of my life.
- Comments / Tips about your venue for future couples?
- Prince of Wales Hotel was amazing. The venue is great and everyone works there was really helpful and enthusiastic about our wedding. Their warmness started from the planning, thru execution, and even after the wedding, they were still helping us to wrap everything up.
- What did you talk about during your first dance together?We planned to do some simple dance steps but we only have practised for 15 minutes the day before. During the whole first dance I had to keep telling John where to go next.
- What did you do together the next day that was memorable?We went on a trip with my family to Niagara Falls. It was the first time we went out with our rings on, and we are officially a part of each other’s family.
- If you could tell engaged couples 3 things not to stress about on the wedding day what would it be?
I will say "ANYTHING".
DON'T STRESS ABOUT ANYTHING.
Everything will eventually work out great.