13 Tips for a Fabulous Wedding Day
1. Select the location where you are getting ready with care. An airbnb.com rental with lots of natural light will look much more beautiful in photos than a church kitchen with industrial appliances and fluorescent lights or a hotel room with 5-10 people and their stuff lying around. Also, try to keep clutter to a minimum in the room.
2. Find out what the rules are for photographs at the ceremony location. Are permits required? and is flash allowable? or strictly natural light?
3. Make sure you have a pretty hanger for your gown.
4. Allow 50% more time for hair and makeup than you originally anticipated alleviates the #1 reason weddings run late. 5. Don’t forget to factor in travel and parking time. This is the #2 reason weddings run late.
6. If you are planning on having a receiving line after the ceremony, plan 30 minutes for up to 150 guests
7. If you do not plan to do a receiving line, make sure you hide out off site after coming down the aisle or you will suddenly have one. This is another common place where schedules end up running late. I can whisk you away for photos right away if you like just let me know.
8. Prepare an emergency bridal kit with clear nail polish, scissors, mints, a sewing kit, stain treater, Visine, safety pins, bobby pins, pain reliever, mini deodorant, and blister care or bandaids.
9. Remember that your vendors work for YOU on the day of the wedding, including us. If you don’t want to do something, simply say no. This is your wedding day, and you don’t want to have any regrets.
10. Make sure to eat before the wedding. It may be hectic and you may be nervous, but it will be a while before you have the opportunity to nourish yourself during the reception.
11. Have a set of all your paper details to photograph...invitations, save the dates...ect.
12. The #3 reason weddings run behind is when you have to wait until your mom and bridesmaids get ready. Make sure everyone helping you into your gown is dressed and ready to be photographed when the photographer arrives.
13. This is one that is overlooked quite a bit, but start a teeth whitening program a few weeks before the big day.
Copyright Frances Morency Photography 2018