Luxury Bahia Akumal Destination Wedding Photographer
Are you planning a destination wedding in Mexico? Take me with you for free travel and let me show you what kind of creative images I can capture for you that are different from everyone else.
The above photo was taken when we were waiting for transportation to the reception space. We had finished taking wedding portraits near the beach and on the resort, but when I saw the light and knew we had time to spare, I asked my couple for 5 more minutes for a portrait at the entrance of the resort.
- How did you meet? At a house party when we were 17. We went to different high schools but had a lot of mutual friends
- What do you remember most about your first date? How young and shy we both were haha. It took Gavin a year of asking me out to even convince me to go on one date. His persistence really paid off and I’m so glad it did.
- When did you know he was the one? When he moved to the US and i didn’t think for a second we would actually be able to make a long distance relationship work. But for 6ish years we have made it work while I lived in Ontario and he lived in North Carolina.
- How did you feel the moment he proposed? Were you surprised by his planning? I was surprised but not surprised at the same time. We had been dating almost 10 years at the time he proposed. I think i was more caught off guard because i honestly didn’t know he had the ring on him
- Why did you choose this venue? We originally had Carmen’s in Hamilton Ontario booked for our wedding. However, due to our large families, the number of guests were getting out of control - at one point we were reaching over 300-350 guests. We both decided that we wanted a more intimate wedding. We thought with a destination wedding we would have 80 guests at most, but in the end we had 134 guests! Crazy!!
- If you could use 3 word to describe the theme of your day what would they be? Love
- Memorable moment from your waking up the morning of and getting ready for your day? Getting to spend quality time with the girls who meant the most to me. They have given me endless love and support.
My Aunt (Phopho)
My Aunt (Kani Khala)
My Cousin (Precilla - MOH)
My Cousin (Madiha - Bridesmaid)
My Best Friend (Kylee - Bridesmaid)
My Sister in law (Nisha - Bridesmaid)
Couldn’t have gotten through this wedding without them!
- Tell me your feelings about who and why you chose to be with you while you put your dress on? My mom and my cousin Precilla (MOH)
My mom is my absolute best friend - we do absolutely everything and anything together. Couldn’t imagine not having her
My cousin precilla - she is the sister that I never had. We have the most amazing bond together. We can laugh endlessly together, cry together and everything in between
- What did you feel and remember from your ceremony? Seeing Gavin for the first time and how handsome he looked. We both had a calmness that I didn’t ever picture. We both said we thought we would cry and we held it together!
- Who and why walked you down the aisle? Mom and Dad walked me down the aisle as they are both equally important to me. I just couldn’t pick. My parents have both raised me to be who I am today.
- Comments / Tips about your venue for future couples? Don’t stress, it’s hard because communication isn't the best with resorts but in the end, it always comes together
- WC: Carlos - he was amazing from the day we arrived until we were done our wedding reception. Everything went great
Photography: Frances! Haven’t seen photos yet but I know they will be amazing. The resort ended up not charging us. However, Gavin and I purposely purchased 6 photos from them and tipped them to avoid any problems
Videographer: hired Jess Craymer. of Sprout Productions Flew her from Ontario. Haven’t seen footage yet but I’m excited!
Caterer: Food from the resort buffet style
Dj: my family friend and Gavin’s cousin. We rented the equipment from the resort
Officiant: from the resort - we never met him until we got to the altar which i didn’t love
Makeup: outside vendor from Mexico - MVP Hair and Makeup
Florist: i brought my own silk flowers from michaels. Only real flowers were for my bouquet, the boys boutonnières, moms corsages
- What did you talk about during your first dance together? We sang to each other! It was beautiful :)
- What did you do together the next day that was memorable? We literally just relaxed together as much as we could. Didn’t do anything special as the week was insanely busy.
- If you could tell engaged couples 3 things not to stress about on the wedding day what would it be?
Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Take a deep breath and enjoy every single moment as it passes you by so fast
- Hire the best photographer and videographer you can find. It’s worth every penny as those memories will never fade! I am SO happy we invested money into both!
Take Us With You to Your Wedding
Location: Luxury Bahia Akumal, Playa Aventuras, Chetumal-Cancun km. 250, Solidaridad, 77760 Akumal, Q.R., Mexico. Keywords: Destination (46), Golden hour (33), Mexico (9), wedding couple portrait (102). 1/3200; f/4.5; ISO 2000; 35.0 mm.