Top Barrie Wedding Photographer
The coldest day of the year and these two managed 5 minutes outside with me at Barrie wedding
Alicia & Jay's Story
- How did you meet? We got matched up by Jay's sister. She came in to the restaurant I was working at and was grateful I could get them a table in such a busy restaurant. We started talking and she wanted to pair me up with her brother.... who was 5 hours away!
- What do you remember most about your first date? He showed up early, with the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, in my favourite colour. I literally just stepped out of the shower and he was there. So, he had a coffee in my living room while I got ready for breakfast. Breakfast lead to an ENTIRE day of dates and we really did not want to leave each other.
- When did you know he was the one? Honesty, we joke about it being the moment we saw each other. I think I knew he would be the greatest love of my life, he day he showed up on my door step. But a few short weeks later, we went to Quebec City, and I honestly would have married him that weekend! No doubt!
- How did you feel the moment he proposed? Were you surprised by his planning? I had NO IDEA it was happening. We were about to jump in the water on a camping trip (in our bathing suits). He had no pockets, box, and we had chats about whether or not marriage was necessary. He completely surprised me and I screamed in the middle of the water! I was so excited and literally couldn't not stop asking if he was serious? I couldn't believe it. The best day of my life! We had 12 friends coming to meet us for a camping trip and we literally had an entire weekend of an engagement party.
- Why did you choose this venue? Jay loves Barrie! It was the perfect place that offered the "wow" factor that Jay wanted. I wanted to be close to the water and be able to smile all day because we were in a winter wonderland. It was just the most magical place and the perfect combination of what we both wanted.
- If you could use 3 word to describe the theme of your day what would they be? Romantic, Glowing , Unique
- Memorable moment from your waking up the morning of and getting ready for your day? When I woke up in the morning, I remember it being the coldest day of the year, and one of the coldest days in history. I looked out the window and remember smiling because of how magical the fishing huts looked out on the water and how excited I was for our guests to get to experience that behind us, as we said our vows. There was this perfect white fog that morning too. It was not grey or a stale cold day. It was literally as if the streets and the lake were full of white clouds and it was all for us.
- Tell me your feelings about who and why you chose to be with you while you put your dress on? When we were talking about our wedding, the most important thing to me was spend time with the people that were important to us, ENJOY our time with them and be relaxed enough to cherish those memories. We wanted it to be a destination for people and for them to enjoy the weekend. We chose the Farmhouse Airbnb so that it was large enough for the most important people to us, to come in and enjoy time with us. Everyone that came by was important and plays a significant role in our lives. Our incredible families and best friends, that have become family. Even just getting our hair done in the morning, we have 17 women and we laughed, cried, and were all beaming to be together. It was really special.
- What did you feel and remember from your ceremony? The ceremony was the best feeling in the world. I knew when we left that spot, we would be husband and wife and I knew how excited we were for that. The ceremony had this perfect calmness, humour and romance. I remember laughing a lot and not being able to stop smiling. The one thing I can say is, I do not remember what happened, or who was there, but I can distinctly remember being in the moment with my new husband. I remember his facial expressions, emotions and words, but nothing else that was in that room. I was completely lost in him, and did not let go of his hands.
- Who and why walked you down the aisle? My father walked me down the aisle. It was a special moment for both of us. I had asked if both my parents would like to walk me down, but even my Mother declined because she knew it was a moment for us two. What makes me laugh about it though, is I do think he was a bit nervous. Up until the moment we walked out, he was trying to micromanage decisions that were already made. Hahaha, but I laugh and love him for it.
- Comments / Tips about your venue for future couples? Do not be afraid to go with their list of recommended vendors. We had the most incredible experience with everyone and the trust they provided us was priceless. They have worked in the space before, which does have limitations, and that piece of mind was incredible. Their ability to trouble shoot, offer suggestions and work with us as a couple was perfect. No complaints about the venue or the vendors, what so ever. It actually offered elements that we look back on and didn't even think we would like. It was a unique experience.
- Photography: Frances Morency
- Videography: Logan Komes
- Caterer: Casal Catering
- DJ: Keep Them Dancing
- A Village Sound (Band)
- Officiant: Urszula Cybulko
- Makeup: Three Small Rooms
- Hair: Three Small Rooms
- Florist: Art in Bloem
- What did you talk about during your first dance together? Once again, I don't remember? I remember laughing, smiling, kissing and singing at the top of our lungs. We chose more of a fast tempo song, and Jay isn't a dancer, but we didn't even have nerves!We didn't once count in, or coordinate, we just were in this magical moment and couldn't wait to get the night started.
- What did you do together the next day that was memorable? We booked our honeymoon! The next day was special because we had the day to go back, reflect and thank everyone for the day before. We had a few out of towners stop in for a Mimosa and visit, we went back to Maclaren and saw some faces we were grateful for, and once we settled down, we booked our honeymoon (at 10pm that night and left only hours later). It was a thrill of a day.
- If you could tell engaged couples 3 things not to stress about on the wedding day what would it be?
1. It is going to be beautiful and memorable because you're marrying the love of your life. All your efforts will not even phase you because your mind is full of love and positivity. 2. Make sure you go in embracing the day and clear your mind. DON'T rush around, the day is short to begin with. PACE the day. You can no longer change the day once it arrives and you need to live in the moment. 3. Try to get venues and locations close together, if not in one place. It saves a lot of headaches.
Ask to See Full Wedding Days
Location: Southshore Community Centre, 205 Lakeshore Drive, Barrie, ON L4N 7Y9.Keywords: Bride Groom Portrait (60), Southshore Community Centre (10), winter (45). 1/800; f/4.5; ISO 5000; 140.0 mm.