Bride Groom Portraits: Castleview Inn Wedding Photographer
- Venue: Castleview Inn
- Photography: Frances Morency Photography (Associate Photographers)
- Caterer: Chef Marco Ormonde with The North Restaurant
- DJ: Micheal Roberts from DJ MasterMix
- Hair: Nadia Khatab from Studio K Barrie
- Florist: Astilbe Boutique
- How did you meet?
- We met online using Match.com
- What do you remember most about your first date?
- We went out to this amazing Mexican restaurant and Ben ordered a fruity drink served in a pineapple with a pink umbrella. He's never ordered something like that since.
- When did you know he was the one?
- Pretty early on I knew there was something different about our connection. Things were just so easy going and comfortable. We never had to work to make things fun. We didn't watch a movie or listen to the radio until a few months in. Then he told me he loved me at an Arkell's concert right before spending the weekend in Niagara together. I was sure this was the first of many adventures we go on together.
- How did you feel the moment he proposed?
- Were you surprised by his planning?Ben had made me dinner and before eating he started into this long speech about how I couldn't be his girlfriend anymore, that it wasn't enough. Then he placed a ring box on the table. I actually had to ask him if he wanted me to open the box. He was so focused on what he was trying to tell me. Eventually he popped the question and put the ring on my hand. I was so surprised and so unbelievably happy.
- Why did you choose this venue?
- We loved that there was an inn where our bridal party and immediate family could all stay. Plus the property is just so beautiful and then there's all the animals!
- If you could use 3 word to describe the theme of your day what would they be?
- Classy garden party
- Memorable moment from your waking up the morning of and getting ready for your day?
- There was a rooster on the property, and I was waiting until he crowed before I woke my sister-in-law (and bridesmaid) up. I couldn't wait to start the day.
- Tell me your feelings about who and why you chose to be with you while you put your dress on?
- In the room were my mom, best fried Myriah, sister in law Sharon, my flower girl Niamh since her mom Myriah was there, and my soon to be sister in law, Olivia. I don't think I had to think about it much. They were my girls! It just sort of happened and it was perfect.
- What did you feel and remember from your ceremony?
- We had a full Catholic mass, which was an hour long. I really appreciated the length of the ceremony. I was able to settle into the moment and take in all the different readings, the songs and especially our vows.
- Who and why walked you down the aisle?
- Ben and I walked down together. We travelled from the inn together and had done a first
- look. He definitely calms me down so I really appreciated having him to hold onto while we entered the church.
- Comments / Tips about your venue for future couples?
- All the planning really does pay off but remember that things will change last minute. Go with the flow and don't get too wrapped up in things that really no one else will notice. Our venue really was a bare bones kind of deal, we had to bring in everything. It was stressful to organize and at times I was scared that things wouldn't come together. But our vision came together and I would not change a thing.
- What did you talk about during your first dance together?
- We organized for everyone to have sparklers during our first dance. I was sure I going to cry but I felt too elated with everyone waving their sparklers while we danced. Ben and I just kept saying to each other how surreal it felt. It was such a great feeling.
- What did you do together the next day that was memorable?
- We spent the day with our family and friends who stayed over at the inn. We had to do some clean up but it was wonderful to get that extra time with our loved ones.
- If you could tell engaged couples 3 things not to stress about on the wedding day what would it be?
1- Things are going to change day of that you cannot control and don't try. No one but you knows what was supposed to happen. 2- Do not worry about your dress! I got mine covered in a bird and sheep poop, but I know the pictures are going to be amazing. 3- Depending on the size of your wedding, its just not realistic that you are going to be able to spend time with everyone of your guests. Be available for people to come to you, but don't ruin your day by stressing over thanking everyone.
Ready to Book your photography
Location: Castleview Inn, .Keywords: castleview Inn (7).