Idylwylde Golf & Country Club Wedding Photographer
How did you meet?We match on tinder, it was an immediate connection, the only issue was I (Kristi) was moving out to Vancouver from Niagara Falls in a month and Matt lived all the way up in Sudbury. He decided to make a trip down to meet me in person. He arrived on a Friday and I was leaving on the Tuesday.
- What do you remember most about your first date?We went to the falls to enjoy the view. We walked up the main strip and went into the candy shop and bought watermelon taffy. We are the entire bag that night and our stomached were so upset. We both had such bad gas and ended up farting in front of each other.
- When did you know he was the one?As I once said in our wedding speech “When we first started talking, I knew he was perfect. When i met you in person I knew that I loved you. And when you farted in front of me on our first date, I knew you were my soul mate”
- How did you feel the moment he proposed? Were you surprised by his planning?Although I had him pegged down for the day and where he would propose I didn’t know at what time. We were at my favourite golf course in Arizona that has the most spectacular views and goes in and out of the mountain. I didn’t know what hole he would propose on but I knew that it would happen there.
- What do you like to do as a couple?One of the things that we connected through immediately was golf. Both have been playing since young and it something we look forward to doing with our children.
- If you could use 3 word to describe the theme of your day what would they be?Fun, romantic and golf
- What is it about my photos that speaks to you?We absolutely love Frances for her attention to detail, her ability to capture the most stunning candid photos and I loved the dark and romantic edit to her work.
- What is the one thing that attracted you most about your partner?His love for his family, his motivation and determination to do big things. He said “she is pretty and she golfed, after all we did meet on tinder
- Tell me 3 things about your partner that describe them best?Hilarious. He has such a great sense of humour and I’m always laughing. Charming. He is so lovely to everyone who meets him and has this ability to make you feel welcome and special. Determined. He will stop at nothing to achieve his goals.
- Tips or advice that you would give to future couples when planning a wedding?Plan for you and your spouse and no one else. It is your big day.
- How did you feel about the engagement session after it was all over?That was so long ago it feels like a blur. Our engagement photo session was at the golf course I grew up on that sadly does not exist anymore. I cherish the photos as they are another amazing memory I have there.