Frances Morency Photography
Elora Mill Hotel & Spa Wedding Photographer
Elora Mill Wedding Photography of Bridal Bouquet
Caitlin and Kyle's Story
- How did you meet? We met when we were 21 at a popular country bar during Christmas holidays. Kyle went to the same high school as my childhood best friend. We both had just gotten out of high school romances and weren't necessarily looking for a relationship. We hit it off pretty quickly, and danced the night away!
- What do you remember most about your first date? It was at an Italian restaurant in Brampton, he picked the place. I (Caitlin) remember exactly what we both ordered. He was so shy and quiet, and I was definitely carrying the conversation, but he intently listened.
- When did you know he was the one? The first night I met him. We just clicked. Conversation was easy and I never had to hide my true personality from him.
- How did you feel the moment he proposed? Were you surprised by his planning? We were friends for years before we actually became a couple, so when we did finally start dating we moved pretty quickly. Marriage was always a topic of discussion so I knew he was planning to propose. When he did propose it wasn't fancy or over-the-top. It was a Tuesday night at The Keg. It is exactly how I would imagine he would have done it because he is not a big planner and I would have been way more suspicious if he had planned something elaborate.
- If you could use 3 word to describe the theme of your day what would they be? Elegant
- Memorable moment from your waking up the morning of and getting ready for your day? Going to bed I thought I was going to be a nervous wreck the next day. However, when I woke up I was totally calm and at peace. As I made my way over to the venue with my Maid of Honour Lisa to get ready, I just got more excited. It also was very helpful that my bridesmaid Allie was waiting there with a mimosa to welcome me to the best day of my life.
As I was getting ready, my Dad outright refused to see me until I was done. He sat outside the room, in his tux just waiting. At one point someone told me he was sitting there getting teary eyed and that made my heart burst. It was a really special moment for me.
- Tell me your feelings about who and why you chose to be with you while you put your dress on? I have many special women in my life and I wanted them all present. My mother, mother-in-law, my sister, my aunt and my best friends. I actually also wanted my grandmother but she was still getting ready at the hotel. I couldn't imagine getting ready for the next chapter of my life without all of them with me because they have been such key components to who I am and how I got to this day in my life.
- What did you feel and remember from your ceremony? Walking down the aisle with my Dad was the most intense feeling of accomplishment I have ever felt. It was a moment of pure bliss and love. I walked down the aisle to the song Speechless, and that is literally how I felt.
During the ceremony I was a ball of energy. I had to keep myself from crying the whole time so I would wink and make faces at the people who would catch my eye when looking out into the crowd. I made some inside jokes to my now husband. I also used a Beyonce song during the signing of the papers to break the crying tension. Beyonce makes me dance, so I started to dance and made my husband laugh and it was a nice moment between the two of us.
We chose to make and read our own vows which also made our ceremony that much better. As nervous as I knew he'd be (he hates public speaking) I knew we had to do it, and it turned out amazing.
- Comments / Tips about your venue for future couples? I am a planner and I really like to be involved with all aspects of the day. Elora Mill was the only venue I visited that would allow me full access to the whole facility and didn't give me many limitations as to what I wanted to do the day of.
It also helped that the inside and outside are gorgeous. It took very little outside decor to make this place look amazing. And the ability to be in one place the whole day makes for such a smooth transition and so much time with our guests.
So if you are looking for a place that offers scenic views, amazing food, unlimited access to make look like your own. Look no further.
Caterer: Elora Mill & Spa
DJ: Jaimie Ferris of Soundquest
- Officiant: Brian Manuel of Endearing Promises
- Make-up & Hair: Kati Atkinson
Florist: Blooming Flower Design Studio
Signage: Rebecca of Piper East Design (Etsy)
- What did you talk about during your first dance together? We talked about how happy we were with everything so far. And then I got super emotional and started crying and couldn't stop. So he just tried to comfort me and we just laughed and danced.
- What did you do together the next day that was memorable? We own two dogs and they were away from us for two nights at a kennel, so we woke up fairly earlier to go and get them. As we went to leave the hotel, so many of our guests were already awake and eating breakfast together in the lobby so we got to say bye to people who traveled far, which was nice. And then once we got our dogs we got to hang out at home and relax with them, which is the perfect day in our minds.
- If you could tell engaged couples 3 things not to stress about on the wedding day what would it be?
1. Don't worry about the time line, everyone is having a good time regardless if they eat at 6:00 or 6:25.
2. Brides. No one really sees your shoes, so don't kill yourself in heels if you don't want to wear them!
3. if you forget something (decor, a picture or a sign) no one else but you and your bridal party will notice. No one else helped you plan the wedding so they really won't see that the twinkle lights you meant to put up weren't there!
ENJOY YOUR DAY! We sure did!
Location: George Brown House 186 Beverley St, Toronto, ON M5T 1L4. Keywords: details (3), flowers (9). 1/4000; f/4.5; ISO 1400; 52.0 mm.
Meaford Wedding & Portrait Photographer
Frances Morency * 108 Gordon Crescent * Meaford, Ontario * N4L 0A9 * (416) 526 2005
Copyright Frances Morency Photography 2019